Kelly A. Koch
Kelly A. Koch
Probate & Family Law
Attorney Kelly A. Koch’s practice is focused on domestic relations and probate matters. She assists clients with a variety of cases involving divorce, custody, support, alimony, guardianships, wills, trusts and equity matters.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
- Hampden County Bar Association
- Hampshire County Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Juris Doctor at Western New England University School of Law
- LL.M. in Estate Planning at Western New England University School of Law
- Bachelor of Arts in American Studies at Brandeis University
“a trained conciliator with extensive practice experience in each of the four Western counties”
Attorney Kelly A. Koch focuses on Probate and Domestic Relations Law and concentrates her practice on divorce, child custody cases, prenuptial agreements, post-divorce issues, LGBTQ matters, guardianships, and probate litigation.
Kelly is a member of the Hampden County Bar Association Board of Directors and a past chair of the New Lawyers Section, as well as a member of many committees including the Probate Bench Bar. Kelly is regular volunteer with the Hampden County Bar Association’s “Lawyer for a Day” program, where she volunteers her services to assist self-represented individuals with the Probate and Family law process. Kelly also frequently volunteers at Western New England University School of Law as a mentor, panel speaker, or mock trial judge.
“Top rated family law attorney in Springfield, MA”
Prior to joining the Raipher, P.C. team, Kelly clerked for three years for the judges in the four Western counties of the Probate and Family Court. Following her clerkship, she was an associate at Bulkley, Richardson and Gelinas, LLP, in Springfield, Massachusetts for more than six years. A member of the Domestic Relations and Trusts and Estates Departments, Kelly successfully tried and settled hundreds of cases including but not limited to divorce, modification of alimony, child support and parenting time, guardianships, child custody, post-divorce issues and equitable matters.
Kelly takes pride in meeting each client’s individual needs as every case presents a unique set of facts and circumstances. Kelly is a trained conciliator and has extensive practice experience in each of the four Western MA counties.
Kelly’s speaking engagements have included serving as faculty for an MCLE seminar on Sophisticated Issues in Western Massachusetts Family Law Practice, a panelist for a Boston Bar Association/HCBA-hosted Practicing with Professionalism course for newly-admitted lawyers, and as a guest lecturer in Professor Jennifer Levi’s Family Law course at Western New England University School of Law. Kelly was recognized in the 2011 “40 Under Forty” list of western Massachusetts business and community leaders published by BusinessWest. She has also been selected for inclusion in the Rising Star lists published by New England Super Lawyers magazine since 2011.
Kelly was recognized in the 2011 “40 Under Forty” list of western Massachusetts business and community leaders published by BusinessWest. She has also been selected for inclusion in the Rising Star lists published by New England Super Lawyers magazine since 2011.
- Family Law
- Estate & Trust Litigation
- Estate Planning & Probate
Co-author: “Guidelines for Court-Involved Therapy: A Best Practice Approach for Mental Health Professionals,” Family Court Review 49.3 (July 2011); 557-563.
- Successfully tried several alimony modification cases brought about by the Alimony Reform Act of 2011, including a trial victory denying the reinstitution of alimony totaling $500,000
- Obtained equitable relief for an intersex child seeking gender correction
- Successfully tried divorce for wounded military veteran whose spouse sought to obtain a portion of his disability pension
- Settled numerous divorces and modification actions for active members of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Assisted client with having a purported will deemed invalid
- Supported clients during abuse prevention order (209A) proceedings
- Successfully tried divorce action involving unlawful and hidden audio/video recording devices in the former marital home and on client’s personal handheld devices and computers.
- Obtained dismissal of a guardianship petition sought by client’s children in order to obtain early access to their inheritance
Classes & Seminars
- Panelist for a local Aging 101 course on how to prepare for aging parents
- Served as faculty for an MCLE seminar on Sophisticated Issues in Western Massachusetts Family Law Practice
- Panelist for a Boston Bar Association/HCBA-hosted Practicing with Professionalism course for newly-admitted lawyers
- Guest lecturer in Professor Jennifer Levi’s Family Law course at Western New England University School of Law
Honors & Awards
Selected to Rising Stars 2011 – 2016 (Super Lawyers)
Recognized in the 2011 “40 Under Forty” list of western MA business and community leaders published by BusinessWest.
Get Legal Advice Now
Initial consultation is Free. Timing is critical. Request a Free consultation now to preserve your rights.
265 State St
Springfield, MA 01103
Phone: (413) 746-4400
Fax: (413) 746-2816
We serve the following localities: Bristol County including New Bedford and Fall River; Essex County including Lynn, Lawrence, and Haverhill; Hampden County including Springfield; Middlesex County including Lowell, Cambridge, Newton, Somerville, Framingham, Waltham, Malden, and Medford; Norfolk County including Quincy and Brookline; Plymouth County including Brockton and Plymouth; Suffolk County including Boston; and Worcester County including Worcester.